Friday, March 27, 2009

Postpartum Check-up

I finally had my postpartum checkup today, after 3 reschedules. For the most part things look good. I have been having some stomach pain for the last couple of weeks so I am being sent to get an u/s done on my gallbladder. I guess it is extremely common for women to need to have their gallbladder removed after pregnancy. I never would have guessed.

Brett and I decided on the Mirena IUD for birth control. I was on the Depo shot before getting pregnant and did not do well on it AT ALL. I am not very good at remembering to take vitamins daily therefor I don't dare go on the pill so the IUD seemed to be the best option for us since I am breastfeeding and my options are limited.

OMG was that painful. I obviously don't have great pain tolerance (yeah I am a sissy). I am glad it is done though. The exciting part of the appointment was when I passed out. Ok it really wasn't exciting or fun. I am not sure what exactly happened but I do know that I am glad that Brett was able to go with me since he is the only thing that came between me and the hard floor. Leave it to me to make a simple appointment dramatic!


CHAZ

Chaz is doing wonderful! He is such a great baby, I couldn't ask for more. He is starting to get such a little personality. I am loving that he is staying awake and alert more during the day. I can't get enough of him, sometimes I find myself just staring at him. I am in love!

He is sleeping good for the most part. We usually give him his 9 o'clock bottle (formula, we are supplementing to get his weight up) and he sleeps till about 2am then we breastfeed and he is good till 6 or 7. We are planning to move him to his crib sometime in the near future. :( I am excited to have the 'romance' part of our room back but also sad that I won't be so close to my baby. I still find myself waking up and making sure he is still breathing.

Now for your viewing pleasure!


No comments: